About Student READY:
The Student READY (Rural Entrepreneurship Awareness Development Yojana) programme aims to provide rural entrepreneurship awareness, practical experience in real-life situation in rural agriculture and creating awareness to undergraduate students about practical agriculture and allied sciences. The programme will help in building confidence, skill and acquire Indigenous Technical Knowledge (ITK) of the locality and thereby, preparing the pass-out for self-employment. It also aims to provide opportunities to acquire hands-on-experience and entrepreneurial skills. To reorient graduates of agriculture and allied subjects for ensuring and assuring employability and develop entrepreneurs for emerging knowledge intensive agriculture, it was felt necessary to introduce this program in all the AU’s as an essential prerequisite for the award of degree to ensure hands on experience and practical training.
The following components are proposed for carrying out one year Student READY programme in all the Under graduate (UG) disciplines:
- Experiential Learning on Business Model / Hands on Training
- Experiential Learning on Skill Development
- Rural Awareness Works Experience (RAWE)
- Internship / In-Plant Training / Industrial attachment
- Students Projects
The main objectives of EL are:
- To promote professional skills and knowledge through hands on experience.
- To build confidence and ability to work in project mode.
- To acquire enterprise management capabilities.
- The main objectives of RAWE are:
- To provide opportunity to the students to understand the rural situation in relation to agriculture and allied activities.
- To make the students familiar with socioeconomic conditions of the farmers and their problems.
- To impart diagnostic and remedial knowledge to the students relevant to real field situations through practical training.
- To develop effective communication skills of students with farmers using latest extension methodologies in transfer of technology.
- To develop confidence and competence among students to solve complex agricultural problems.
- To acquaint students with on-going extension and rural development programmes.
- The major objectives of In Plant Training (IPT) are:
- To expose the students to industrial environment.
- To familiarize the students with various Materials, Machines, Processes, Products and their applications along with relevant aspects of shop management.
- To make the students understand the psychology of the workers and approach towards problems and practices followed in industries.
- To make the students understand the scope, functions and job responsibilityin various departments of an organization.
- Exposure to various aspects of entrepreneurship during the programme period