i) Survey and identification of natural enemies
ii) Introduction of exotic natural enemies
iii) Laboratory testing and field evaluation of potential bioagents
iv) Development of mass production and field release techniques of effective bioagents
v) Multi-location testing of different bioagents
vi) Demonstration and promotion of effective bioagents on farmers’ fields
vii) Maintenance of nucleus cultures of bioagents and their supply to different biocontrol laboratories for experimentation.
viii) Mass production of bioagents
3.2. Research Projects completed in Biological Control
1. HaNPV project for mass production (1992)
2. Centrally sponsored scheme for “Development of sugarcane based sustainable cropping system for commercial production of Trichogrammatids” (1997-98)
3. Adhoc research project on “Establishment of production unit for development, production and demonstration of biocontrol agents for fruits and vegetable pests (Oct.,1997- March, 2000).
4. DBT Network Project on “Development of Biocontrol strategies for the Management of the Sugarcane Woolly Aphid,Ceratovacuna lanigera Zehntner” (18 th August 2004 to 18th Aug,2007).
5. DBT sponsored Referral Laboratory for testing quality parameters of Bio pesticides (2003 – till date).
6. Indo-Swiss collaborative project on microbial control of pests (2003-06)